This is one of my first cooked food. im so glad it came out really really good even my kids loved it. Im a big fan of spring rolls. When ever we go out we always buy spring rolls, chicken wraps and curry chicken O’s from Old Chang kee which is a famous chain in Singapore.
So i thought why not try the spring rolls? The one thing i liked about the recipe is it is so easy to prepare and the ingredients you’ll always have in with you.. well almost all the time.
The ingredients : 1/2 cup each of onions, bell peppers, carrots, mushrooms (i used canned ones), frozen peas.
salt and pepper pwdr to taste
olive oil for frying
Chop all veggies finely except peas or run through the food processor.
In a skillet heat olive oil and when its hot add all the ingredients till half cooked.
When the veggie mix is cooled, Add 1 tbsp to the pastry sheet and roll them as shown in the picture. Deep fry each roll. Its easy to prepare and good to eat!
This post goes to First Cooked Food Event
i had this post in my draft for a long time. i think its finally time to publish one by one!! I and my hubby are big fans of Middle east food.. we just love it. its very easy to prepare compared to our Indian food and i think its much more healthier. During our vacation to the Middle East we both were eating like some crazy people who came from the land of NO food! LOLs!!!
So this saturday i was in a loss what ti make.. so i just put the veggies my son loves and made a twist in the normal pulav and then came out the 3 ‘p’ pulav! LOL!!!
here goes the recipe..
2 cups basmati rice washed and socked for 20 mts
11/2 tbsp ghee
1 heaped tsp ginger garlic paste
1/2 inch cinammon stick
1 bay leaf
1/2 tsp jeera
1 medium onion
1 medium potato sliced
3/4th cup paneer cut into small pieces
1/2 cup frozen peas
1 handful of corriander and mint leaves
1 green chilli
Heat the ghee in a non-stick kadai and add the ginger garlic paste till its brown. then add the spices and onions.
When the onions are tranculent add the potatos and the paneer till slightly brown.
make a paste of the corriander and mint leaves and green chillli. DO add more green chillis if u want it spicy.
add the paste to the potatos and fry for 2 mts.
Add water and salt to it. When the water boils add basmati rice to it.
Close and le tit cook in low fire for 15 mts.
mix well before serving!
this entry goes for the Rice Mela hosted by Srivalli.
Green Pulav.. i usually make this when i have a lot of mint leaves!!! So instead of wasting them i just make a pulav of it and my kiddos love any type of pulav!!
how to make:
|• 1 1/2 Cups frozen green peas
• 6 Cups cooked white basmati rice
• 1 Sliced onion
• 1 tsp Cumin seeds
• 1-2 Cloves
• 3 Crushed garlic flakes
• 1 Small piece of ginger
• 3 Cardamoms
• Small piece of cinnamon
• 2 tbsp Ghee
• 2 tsp Chopped coriander leaves
• 1 tbsp Chopped cashewnuts
• Salt to taste
|How to make Peas Pulao:|
This is one of my all time favorite dishes coz i need to make only one thing!! LOL!!! i wish i knew some more one pot dishes!
Potatoes – 2 medium sized
Red Tomatoes – 2 medium sized
Onions – 1 medium sized
Green peas – 1/4 cup
Cauliflower – 1/4 small sized
Fresh coriander leaves – 1/4 medium bunch
Ginger,garlic paste – 1 tsp
Capsicum – 1/2 medium sized
Lemons – 2
Salt – to taste
Pav Bhaji masala – 1 and half tbsps
Oil – 3 tbsps
Butter – 3tbsps
Pav or burger bread – 8
1. Cook potatoes,capsicum cauliflower and green peas in a pressure cooker.
2. Wash and finely chop tomatoes,onions, coriander leaves.
3.Wash and cut lemon into wedges.
4. Heat butter in a pan and add the onions. Sauté till light brown. and ginger- garlic paste. Stir-fry for half a minute.
5. Add tomatoes and cook on medium heat for three to four minutes, stirring continuously or till oil separates from the masala.
6. Add the boiled veggies. Bring to a boil and simmer for ten minutes, pressing with back of the spoon a few times, till all the vegetable are completely mashed.
7. Add pav bhaji masala, salt . Cook on medium heat for two minutes, stirring continuously.
8. cut the burger bread into half and place it on a hot tawa.. when its slightly brown apply butter on it.
9. Garnish the bhaji with chopped coriander leaves, remaining butter and serve hot with pav accompanied with remaining lemon wedges.
You can also add the lime juice to the bhaji!