2010 Filed under:
Baked, cut, served and clicked by my kids! Forgot to add , they finished it off in one shot!
This is a very easy cake just mix the ingredients and you are done! and its ready in half n hour! The ecipe is blindly adapted from Smitten Kitchen one of my favorite site
Adapted from How to Cook Everything
8 tablespoons butter, melted
1 cup brown sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla or 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
1 cup all-purpose flour (i used wholemeal)
i added 1/2 cup semi sweet chocolate chips to the batter.
- Butter an 8×8 pan
- Mix melted butter with brown sugar – beat until smooth. Beat in egg and then vanilla.
- Add salt, stir in flour. Mix in any additions (below).
- Pour into prepared pan. Bake at 350°F 20-25 minutes, or until set in the middle. I always err on the side of caution with baking times — nobody ever complained about a gooey-middled cookie. Cool on rack before cutting them.
Further additions, use one or a combination of:
- 1/2 to 1 cup chopped nuts, toasting them first for even better flavor
- 1/2 to 1 cup chocolate chips
- 1/2 teaspoon mint extract in addition to or in place of the vanilla
- 1/2 cup mashed bananas
- 2 tablespoons of espresso powder with the vanilla
- Stir 1/2 cup dried fruit, especially dried cherries, into the prepared batter
- Top with a vanilla butter cream or chocolate peanut butter cream frostin